Bali Paragliding is suitable for adventurous person, You may chose paragliding activity become the choice you can do in Bali. Paragliding in Bali is established from 1990 by French traveler who travel to the southern end of Bali known as Timbis Beach.
Paragliding, Sky diving or Parasailing? What is the difference?
There are many type of parachuting activities such as parasailing, sky diving, kite surfing, hang gliding etc. Bali Paragliding and parasailing is available to do, But there are no sky diving company yet.
PARASAILING is a parachuting activities where parachute is attached to a person or two. Parachute then connected to a vehicle (Boat) with a long string. Parasailing in Bali is a part of popular water sport activities which is centered in northern side of Nusa Dua
PARAGLIDING is another parachuting activities where you can join a flight with paragliding pilot. Activities is start from the cliff side approximately 75 meter high cliff. The activities is totally depending on wind direction and wind strength.
SKY DIVING is a parachuting activities, where each participant will carry a parachute and then free fall from a plane. Unfortunately currently there are no company provide Sky diving in Bali.
Tandem paragliding in Bali
Tandem paragliding means participant will fly as a passenger with paragliding pilot. So it will be 2 person in the parachute (Glider/Paraglider wings). In this case paragliding pilot will fly together with a passenger in a separated seat (Harness).
Before flying, you will be equipped with Harness, Helmet and additional action camera for the photo and video footage. You can book tandem Tickets online for all inclusive package including hotel transfer.
There will be no important notice or briefing to join this flight. You will just take the front seats, enjoy the bird eye view of Beach and cliff. The whole thing will be the duty of the pilot. It is totally hands free, you may bring your own camera or mobile phone for another photo shot during the flight.
Paragliding pilot will control the parachute and will fly along the cliff side. Passenger is not allowed to control the glider, but you may being asked if you want more manuver. Like swing and spiral movement during the flight for more adrenaline rushing.
Bali Paragliding site map location and location, How to get there?
Bali paragliding sites is located in the south end of Bali island. TIMBIS flying site located at the cliff side of Kutuh village in the southern part of Nusa dua. It is located only 20 minutes from the center of Nusa dua, Jimbaran or Uluwatu. 30 minutes from the tourist center of Kuta, legian and Bali international airport. From Ubud center it will be taken 2 hour drive to the flying site.
Timbis Bali paragliding site, the first and safest flying site where most of the beginner pilot (Solo flight) doing the paragliding course in Bali. It safest site is because of the site has 2 landing option, top landing and beach landing. Beach landing is the option where the paragliding pilot missed the wind strength during the flight.
The second paragliding site is located a few kilometer from TIMBIS flying site, it is called GUNUNG PAYUNG Flying site. Located next to Gunung payung temple and Gunung Payung beach. This is the secondary flying site where if the wind is blowing straight from the east side.
Frequently asked question about paragliding in Bali.
- Paragliding tour price in Bali start from US $ 80, Please visit our shop page for further details.
- How high are we going to fly? It will be depending on the wind strength and passenger body weight, it will be between 100-150 meter high from the sea level
- Can i fly with my partner together in a glider? No you will be fly with paragliding pilot (Tandem flight) for a couple can request fly side by side in a separated glider
- Is the paragliding safe? the activities is safe and almost zero accident during the tandem flight, All pilot is fully experience and certified and all equipment is periodically renewed
- Can kids join the flight? kids above 6 years old can join the flight
- Is there any Body weight limit to join paragliding ? Maximum allowed body weight is 100-110 Kg Passenger weight, The more body weigh, the more wind strength required.
- Is the Paragliding available every day? The paragliding activities is very sensitive with wind speed and wind direction, the higgest opportunity to fly is during the summer season (May to December)
Further information, please contact us!